Insert greatest showman video here
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XyIDxpUJ10Q" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
What has distracted you from your dream and your calling?
There is always something RIGHT THERE, right before we actually step into that special zone of genius and joy that seems SO RIGHT but it inevitably throws us ten steps backwards because it’s not right for us. It’s a tricky little bugger too, it usually comes laced with what seems like an accelerated timeline and often what appears to be a lot of money or prestige.
If it’s so dang tricky… how in the heck are you going to know it’s happening?
NOTHING is something that cannot wait a moment for you to assess the opportunity. Now I know for people who are the type that struggle with taking action and dwell in procrastination, this seems very counterproductive but this is not aimless pausing you are going to have a process in place to make sure this is a productive pause.
- Define how long you get to ponder this, typically a day is sufficient enough if you take immediate action on steps 2 & 3.
- Write down all of the facts of the opportunity and separate anyone else’s opinion that may be entangled in the facts. Someone else wanting you to do this is not a good enough reason to take the leap.
- Revisit your goals and purpose, does this line up with them? It may not exactly, but it may offer you a new goal you didn’t know you wanted and THAT’s OK as long as it does not pull you away from your values and purpose.
- Define what success in this new opportunity looks like. Journal out what your dream life might include when you…
- TAKE THE LEAP. You can ALWAYS pivot if it proves not to be the right choice, more often than not, taking the leap into a new unexpected opportunity is the key that unlocks your next level you didn’t even know was available!